Monday, November 19, 2012

If

    Psalm 32:5 - Finally, I confessed all my sins to you and stopped trying to hide my guilt. I said to myself, “I will confess my rebellion to the LORD.” And you forgave me! All my guilt is gone.


     IF we confess our sins... Perhaps the biggest word in the Bible just might be this little two letter word... IF. For confessing sins, admitting failure or taking responsibility for mistakes is exactly what prideful people refuse to do. 

     "Me, a sinner? Sure I get a little rowdy sometimes but I'm still a pretty good ol' boy." "I'm just as good as the next guy." Justification, rationalization or comparison, they sound good. They sound familiar. They even sound American, but in the kingdom of God, they sound hollow.

     When you get to the point of sorrow for your sins, when you admit that you have no other option, that is when you can cast all your cares on him for he is waiting. He is waiting on you..."If".

No comments:

Post a Comment