Thursday, November 15, 2012

It Ain't Over, Til It's Over

    Isaiah 55:8-11 - “My thoughts are nothing like your thoughts,” says the LORD.
“And my ways are far beyond anything you could imagine. For just as the heavens are higher than the earth, so my ways are higher than your ways and my thoughts higher than your thoughts. “The rain and snow come down from the heavens and stay on the ground to water the earth. They cause the grain to grow, producing seed for the farmer and bread for the hungry. It is the same with my word. I send it out, and it always produces fruit. It will accomplish all I want it to, and it will prosper everywhere I send it.


     When God doesn't do what we think he should, when we think he should, it's not easy. It never has been. It never will be. But faith is the conviction that God knows more than we do about this life and he WILL get us through it. Disappointment is caused by unmet expectations. So the cure to disappointment is to revamp our expectations.

     Next time you find yourself disappointed by God's timing or answer, don't panic. Don't give up. Just be patient and let God remind you that HE IS still in control. "It Ain't Over, Til It's Over".

1 comment: