Thursday, November 8, 2012

Our Shepherd

    Psalm 23:1-3 - The LORD is my shepherd; I have all that I need. He lets me rest in green meadows; he leads me beside peaceful streams. He renews my strength. He guides me along right paths, bringing honor to his name.


     Sheep aren't very smart. They will walk into running water without a second thought. Then their wool becomes heavy and they sink and drown. They need a shepherd to lead them to the calm streams. Sheep have no natural defenses. No claws or fangs. No loud roars or large horns. They need a shepherd with his rod or staff to protect them from their enemies. Sheep have no sense of direction. They will wonder aimlessly without purpose. They need a shepherd to lead them down the right path.

     We as Christians need a shepherd too. We tend to be swept away by the rushing waters of life. We ourselves are defenseless against the evil lion that prowls ready to devour us daily. We walk around in life without purpose or direction. Thankfully we too have a shepherd to lead us, protect us and direct our paths. Jesus is our shepherd and he is ready to care for us and guide us. Look to him. Be led by... "Our Shepherd".

No comments:

Post a Comment