Monday, October 1, 2012

You're Gonna Need A Shovel

     "but if any man be a worshipper of God, and doeth his will, him he heareth" John 9:31

     Have you ever found yourself in a position that you've prayed for something but nothing happened? Have you ever felt like God just didn't hear you? I have. I've often wondered why. The Bible says to ask and you shall receive, knock and the door will be opened. So why no answer? Well sometimes no answer is the answer. You have to ask yourself 2 questions. Number 1, and what I think is the most important question, is was it God's will. We can't pray our will in situations. It must be God's will and according to his plan. Can you imagine how chaotic life would be if we always got things OUR way?

     Number 2, and almost equally important is, did I do my part? Remember the story of the man whose friend was blind? He carried his friend all over to find Jesus because he knew that Jesus could restore his sight. When he found Jesus, what did Jesus do? He spit in the dirt, rubbed mud on his eyes and the man was healed. This man did his part. Sometimes we just pray and sit back and wait. What if God unlocked the door and we will never know because we haven't tried the door knob?

     How many answers to prayers have we missed out on because we are lazy Christians? How many miracles have we missed because we failed to just reach up and take hold of them? I have said to myself before, "Why didn't God do ________?". What if God is saying, "Why didn't Rick do his part? I opened the door. Why didn't he walk through it?". I don't know about you but I'm tired of missing out on blessings, miracles and answers to prayers. We just have to do our part. Our God can move any mountain that stands before you but.... You're Gonna Need A Shovel.


1 comment:

  1. I enjoy the blogs so much and look forward to reading them every day.

    ReplyDelete