Friday, November 2, 2012

The Light Of The World

    John 8:12 - Jesus spoke to the people once more and said, “I am the light of the world. If you follow me, you won’t have to walk in darkness, because you will have the light that leads to life.”



     It doesn't take long to realize the importance of a lit path at 2:00am when on your way to the bathroom, you stump your toe on the corner of the dresser. Our life is basically the same. We try to stumble our way through the darkness to reach our goals instead of turning to God for guidance. As humans, we always want to do things ourselves. After all, we're grown adults. We can handle this. Right?

     Well I don't know about you but I need God's direction. I'm tired of falling flat on my face in the dark. God stands right beside us as an eternal flame to light our path and every step we take toward the goals he wants us to achieve. Why would we want to blindly open doors looking for answers when God stands waiting to lead us to the right one. We must turn away from our flesh and look to God. He is ... "The Light Of The World".

No comments:

Post a Comment