Friday, November 16, 2012

Until Tomorrow

    1 Thessalonians 4:13-14 - And now, dear brothers and sisters, we want you to know what will happen to the believers who have died so you will not grieve like people who have no hope. For since we believe that Jesus died and was raised to life again, we also believe that when Jesus returns, God will bring back with him the believers who have died.


     Today we lay to rest my uncle Rudy Roper. Uncle Rudy was a great husband, father, grandfather, brother, uncle, friend but most of all a great man. I honestly can't remember seeing him without a smile. And his smile was contagious. Uncle Rudy had an effect on every life he came in contact with. Our current society just doesn't produce many men like him anymore. The world has truly lost one of the "good ones".

     Now don't get me wrong, I've shed my share of tears over the past couple days but I find myself happy this morning. I'm happy that uncle Rudy has received his eternal reward. I'm happy that he no longer has any pain or sickness. I'm happy that he is reunited with my PaPa and uncle Jim (his brothers). I'm happy for all the great memories I have. I'm happy that I had the awesome pleasure of being a part of his life. And most importantly, I'm happy that God has promised that today is not good bye. We will meet again one day in Heaven. I love you uncle Rudy..."Until Tomorrow".

No comments:

Post a Comment