Tuesday, October 2, 2012

His Grace Part 1

2 Corinthians 12:9 - And he said to me, "My Grace is sufficient for you, for power is perfect in weakness".

     I wanted to do a post on God's Grace for today. As I began to study and research, I quickly realized that the Bible is full of reverences to God's Grace. It made me aware of how important his grace is to our daily lives. So I want to do it justice, so I'm going to split my post into a few posts.



     I guess the first thing we need to do to understand God's grace is to know what his grace means. I've seen it defined as God's Riches At Christ's Expense. Websters defines grace as an unmerited divine assistance or a virtue coming from God. In the New Testament, grace comes from the greek word charis (khar'-ece) which means the state of kindness and favor towards someone, often with benefit given to the object. Simply put grace is the divine favor of God that covers us in our daily lives.

     Grace is the empowering presence of God enabling you to be who God created you to be, and to do what God has called you to do. Grace gives us the desire and the power that God gives us to do his will. Grace is the covering of God in our lives that enables us to walk in faith and in his endless love for us.

     Now that we know what grace is, the next question is how do I get it. For the sake of keeping my posts short, tomorrow I'll post part 2 of His Grace and we'll look at how to receive his grace in our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment