Thursday, October 18, 2012

Lay 'Em Down

    Psalm 55:22 - Give your burdens to the LORD, and he will take care of you. He will not permit the godly to slip and fall.



     Have you ever felt like that? Are the burdens of life weighing you down so much that you feel like you can not even take another step forward? I have noticed each time that I have moved from one house to another that somehow I seriously underestimated how much junk I had accumulated over time. Life is the same way. Everyday we face struggles and trials in life. And sometimes whether we realize it or not, we pick up baggage from these struggles and throw them into the spiritual cart we pull. Over time the cart becomes too heavy to pull and we may not even be able to point to one event that is causing the trouble. It's an accumulation of several life events. 

       God doesn't want our daily walks to be work. God says that he has given us life and life more abundantly. We do not have to struggle everyday just to take that next step forward. We can lay down our heavy burdens and give them to God. Matthew 11:28-30  - Then Jesus said, “Come to me, all of  you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you. Let me teach you, because I am humble and gentle at heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy to bear, and the burden I give you is light.” 

     So why carry our heavy burdens when God has promised to take them away and give us his which is light? We can trade our guilt and shame for his forgiveness. We can trade our fear for eternal life. We can trade our worry for his almighty provisions. We don't have to carry these burdens. Just seek God and ... "Lay 'Em Down".

No comments:

Post a Comment